Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Holiday bustle


Whew! What a weekend. First we went to Granny's and Pawpaw's to visit the Beckners. Then we drove through snow and wind, over the river and through the winds to Grandma and Granpa's house (the Botts.) Of course, everyone was excited to see me for Thanksgiving. The saving grace over the five day bustle was the DVD "The Best of the Muppet Show" featuring Harry Belafonte.
I've had trouble adjusting to my regular routine though. I woke up again at 3 a.m. It's funny because Mommy is easily fooled into thinking it's time to get up and feed me. She made Daddy come get me and bring me to their bed this morning before she realized it was only 3:22 a.m. I quickly fell back to sleep and she took me back to my bed at 4 a.m. I then woke at 6:22 a.m. Busy night.
I keep hearing the folks talking about Christmas and putting out decorations. Apparently we're putting up our Christmas tree this evening. Speaking of trees, I continued the tradition of cutting down a fresh tree at Kings Tree Farm with Grandpa and Grandma Bott. I had a blast and thought the trees were funny.
I'm trying really hard to say something. Mommy keeps trying to get me to say hello and everyone wants me to say Ma, Ma. I nearly have the hang of sitting up on my own and can scoot about one time on my knees.
I'm getting so big that many of my 6-9 months clothes are tight on me. Mommy said she is eager to see how long I am when I return to see Dr. Skaff on Dec. 15.
From looking at the calendar, it appears the holiday bustle will continue through the New Year. Daddy won't be around much. Those dang Mountaineers! Why do they have to be so good? We're not sure where we'll be spending Christmas or New Years. But we know we will try to get around to see everyone and our thoughts and love will be with all our beloved family. Love, Belle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Belle,
PawPaw and Granny just love your blog! We think you are just the most beautiful, and smartest little baby in the world! Mommy sure does a great job helping you tell your stories. We are so thankful for your wonderful Mommy, and Daddy. WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!
Granny and PawPaw