Monday, May 29, 2006

Weekend in the mountains




We had a short, but adventurous trip to Pocahontas County, where the Bott family cabin is located. Saturday we took a train ride at Cass Scenic Railroad to Whittaker Station. I made a friend on the trip. He was two months older than me, but didn't talk nearly as much. We played in the dirt and with rocks this weekend. And Daddy gave me a salamander to hold (first photo). you can't see the salamander very well. Unfortunately, he had an untimely death because I didn't realize how fragile he was and squeezed too hard!

Everyone we met couldn't believe I wasn't a year old yet and of course mentioned how cute I am. We saw Chris Legg from church at Meck's Bakery, but his son Benjamin (who I like to talk to in church) wasn't with him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belle, what an adventure it was to spend the weekend with you in the mountains. It was a joy to have old memories rekindled by your curiousity over everything. Grandma and Grandpa look forward to future weekend with you in the mountains. Love Grandma and Grandpa.

Anonymous said...

Great Aunt Dee says:

YUCK........Holding salamanders......You are brave......You are so cute Belle. Am anxious to see you on your birthday.
You just get cuter and cuter.

Love and Prayers,

Anonymous said...

Belle, another observation about the picture at the bottom in front of the engine. I noticed mommy and daddy are holding you for a pose while your eyes are on the ground and what you can get into.

Love
Grandpa

Anonymous said...

i had a wonderful time spending more quality time with my niece! i cannot wait to see you again at your birthday party! miss you and love you tons and tons.