Sunday, May 07, 2006

First steps



I took my first steps on my own today! We were hanging out in Grandma & Grandpa Bott's living room Sunday afternoon. Daddy went outside to pack the car and I tried to follow him. I took about four steps before I fell. Grandma and Mommy cheered and laughed. Then Daddy and Grandpa came in and I was a walking fool. I walked several times, 6 steps, then 8 and then four. They all laughed and cheered, but I wasn't sure why. I just knew I was entertaining so I kept it up!

We had a good visit in Morgantown this weekend. Mommy had an event in town this weekend. I "walked" along the rail-trial with Aunt Dee, Grandpa & Grandma and some of their friends. We saw ducks, dogs and the Subway Sandwich guy.

I had a great time chasing the cats around Grandma & Grandpa Bott's house. We had a cookout on Saturday after the walk and I got to see Great Grandpa Bott and Aunt Barb and Jenny. Cousin Kevin was there too! It was a fun, but exhausting weekend. I was wiped. As you can see from the first photo. Mommy said I fell asleep before we hit the Interstate.

We'll try to do a better job updating the blog. I know everyone likes to know what we're up to. We've just had a busy schedule lately. Tuesday we find out whether I'm getting a brother or sister, so we'll definitely update Tuesday afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belle, it was soo much fun to have you up here this weekend. The cats are still sleeping. It is hard to contain our joy when you visit.

Anonymous said...

hopefully we'll be welcoming little Avery (lol) into the family soon! wish i could have been there to see you this weekend. cannot wait to see you at your 1st birthday! love you.