Monday, July 23, 2007

Mice, bats and bears, oh my!





Belle


We just returned from a week-long vacation with Grandma & Grandpa Bott and Aunt Sara. We had a wonderful time at Watoga State Park. I enjoyed the many animals we saw -- some more closely than Mommy would have liked. A field mouse visited our kitchen in the rustic cabin every night; a small black bear walked behind our cabin one afternoon and Grandma discovered a bat flying around in the living room one night during the end of our week. (She had to sleep with the light on so it would buzz around all night!) We had many great adventures including swimming in Watoga's chilly pool. I didn't mind after a while. I enjoyed swimming with my new life vest that Grandpa bought for me. I had a great time getting wet all week -- including playing in the river at Cass Scenic Railroad. With Mommy's help, I also caught six fish on our last night in the park. We fished for bluegills on the backside of the lake, which was very near our cabin. On the way back to the cabin (we decided to leave early since we had already embarassed Grandpa, Aunt Sara and Daddy with our fine fishing skills!), we saw three deer! We had a such a great time that I've been telling everyone about all the animals since we returned!




Lilly



Whew! What an exhausting week. I didn't sleep very well, which is to say that no one slept very well last week -- since we were, afterall, staying in tight quarters. Belle sure did enjoy running around in the woods all week! She loved playing with the rocks and sticks and looking at all the animals. I, however, was less than impressed with the woods or with fishing. I didn't enjoy fishing at the lake on the first night so Grandma stayed home with me the second time everyone went fishing. What I did enjoy this week was riding on Daddy's back in this great new toy. I got so slap Daddy's head and had a great view of everyone. After the inital shock of the cold water in the pool, I also enjoyed swimming. The exciting news for me this week was I pulled myself up for the first time -- while playing in the living room of our cabin. Now I try every chance I get!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belle and Lilly are the third generation to enjoy the rustic beauty and wild life of Watoga State Park. Many family traditions have been carried through the family by Leonard and Flora Belle Bott. As the family grew up, new members were incorporated, new bonds created as well as generations and traditions are carried down the line. Great Garandma Bott lives on through Belle and Lilly as well as Great PaPaw Chase and now the Beckners. God Bless you Rachelle and Andrew for creating such a beautiful legacy and allowing us to share it by maintaining this blog.

Anonymous said...

Belle and Lilly Grandma and Grandpa had a blast with you at Watoga. We look forward to many more opportunities to share with you.

Love