Monday, November 05, 2007

High Places


We sure don't look forward to bedtime, but Mommy does! After chasing us around all evening (and days on the weekends), she said she's ready for us to hit the sack so she and Daddy can relax. Who can blame them, when I (Lilly) have learned how to climb everything, including the set of stairs in our house. Tonight, I climbed into the rocker in Belle's room and started jumping around.
Of course, all my growing up isn't so bad. I'm learning a lot from my sister. Some good. Some bad. A couple of good things: I've learned we have to pick up our toys when we're finished playing. I also know that we have to brush our teeth before bed. I like my new pink toothbrush and can brush my bottom teeth pretty well. Even with our bedtime routine, sometimes we're so wound up that it takes us awhile to calm down and go to sleep. Mommy tries to read me stories, but I'm not too interested in that. Belle has learned the art of asking for "one more" to delay the inevitable. She's should go to sleep before me since she's usually cranky from not taking a nap. Course, this weekend neither of us had much sleep. I was upset from the immunizations I received on Friday at Dr. Rubin's office. The end of daylight savings time threw us both for a loop Saturday night.
Mommy says I'll be talking before too long, since I'm mimicking everything Belle says. And that's a lot!
Development update for Lilly: She is 32 inches tall (95th percentile); weighs 21 lbs. 12 oz. (50th). So she's still very tall and skinny. And Dr. Rubin says no more bottle!! Boy has that been a rough transition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful little ANGELS......in your "jammies". You two are just the cutest....

Great Aunt Dee

Anonymous said...

Lilly I cannot decide if the look on your face is one of orneriness looking at Belle and thinking I am going to make your life fun or a look of reality knowing Belle is your big sister and you are not going to let her buffalo you.

Love
Grandpa