Thursday, November 22, 2007

A parade, a pumpkin cake & lots of Thomas the Train




Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful, at least that's what Daddy explained to me today. So I thought I would share some of the things that I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for a grandparents who volunteer to babysit us for a weekend; watch us every day while Mommy & Daddy work and love us to the ends of the Earth. I'm thankful for parents who love me enough to show me right from wrong and teach me about Jesus and how he loves me. I'm thankful for a little sister who I can make laugh and makes me laugh (even if I don't always show it.)


We celebrated this day of thanksgiving with some family traditions. Mommy and me enjoyed watching the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. My favorite part was watching the Sesame Street characters sing and the large balloon of the princess from Sesame Street. After a long nap we drove over the river and through a subdivision to Granny's house for a delicious turkey dinner. After some initial shyness, I eventually visited with my extended family. I was especially grateful that Uncle Richie brought a whole Thomas the Train set and many, many, many engines for me to play with. I spent the next three hours playing trains by myself. I was sad when our day had to come to an end, but Mommy said I was getting too cranky and it was time for bed. So we returned home, ate a small snack and went off to bed. Tomorrow we'll drive over another river to get to Grandma's house for more Thanksgiving fun.

No comments: