Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Heart murmur






I've had an exciting week. Not only did I visit Dr. Rubin on Monday for my well baby check up, but I got to visit some special people at Women's and Children's Hospital today. During my routine check up on Monday (during which I received two shots in the legs), Dr. Rubin discovered a murmur in my heart. He ordered a round of tests for me and today Mommy, Daddy and me made a visit to the hospital.
First up, we visited the respiratory lab, where I had an echo and then an EKG performed on me. The technician, Shawn, was very funny. He made lots of animal sounds and noises to keep me occupied while he squirted cold stuff on my chest and ran this funny machine on me. I was fine with the machine for about five minutes and then I wanted to move around. Next up, I had several stickers placed on my chest and arms and little cords ran from them to a machine. I had to be very still and quiet and then Shawn played a monster toy for me that sang and made me laugh.
Next, we visited Radiology where I had a chest X-ray of my heart. I wasn't happy with this procedure because the nurses weren't very nice and they strapped my arms by my head. Luckily, it only took a minute for them to take two pictures of my chest. One of the nurses asked Mommy if we'd been there before because she recognized Mommy. Mommy had to explain that she visited the same department last year at this time with Belle for her kidney reflux.
I'm not worried about my test results and you shouldn't be either. Mommy said since she told people about the test that no less than five people have told her they also have heart murmurs and don't have any problems. So we're pretty sure that Dr. Rubin is just being cautious with my health.
P.S. -- I weigh 23 lb.s 12 oz. (still 50th percentile) and I'm 33 3/4 inches tall (still 95th percentile).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lilly you sure look cute even though I know you must be bored with all the grown up medical stuff. We prayed for God's hand to be with you through this ordeal.

Love
Grandpa and Grandma