Saturday, May 03, 2008

Transitioning to a Big Girl






We had an exciting day today. Mommy & Daddy took us to a "special place" as Mommy told Belle this morning. We went to a really neat museum right here in our own town, the Clay Center. It was fun. Belle and I especially liked the exhibit about Earthquakes that had lots of water displays. Mommy wasn't too happy that we were able to get messy. We also enjoyed the gizmo factory -- with lots of neat science projects like this cool mirror.


Later, Mommy decided she'd switch out my crib for a big girl bed, like Belle has. Notice my bed is exactly like Belle's -- even with a Dora sheet. I've been climbing into Belle's bed for weeks now. Mommy asked me if I wanted one and I said yes. So she gave me one today, but when it came time to sleep in it tonight, I wasn't very happy about it. In fact, I screamed and refused to sleep in it. So Mommy took me downstairs and let me sit with her until I fell asleep. She tried to carry me back to bed, but I was too smart for her and woke up. Bedtime began at 9 p.m. (after all the rearranging of furniture) and I finally went to sleep at 11:20. Mommy had to get tough with me and spank me (read: lightly swat) on the leg and put me back into the bed. I cried for about 10 minutes before I passed out -- with my legs hanging off the side of the bed! I got in the last word!

No comments: