Monday, June 15, 2009

First Catch
















We went fishing this weekend and caught our first fish! It was a lot of fun. We had to drive to the cabin Friday night to sleep so we could get up early Saturday. Then we had to drive far, far away to the pond to fish. We rode in Grandpa and Grandma's car and sang, "Country Roads" a lot on the way.


When we arrived at the Derby, there were lots of kids catching fish. Some of them left with the fish in a bag as we came into the fish hatchery. Belle said she wanted to bring one home with her too. But Mommy said no we had to put them back. But we didn't have to put any back becuase we didn't catch any at first. Belle didn't like waiting for the fish to get on her line. I didn't like fishing very well so I just played with Grandpa's tools. Then Mommy, Grandma and me walked to the car to get our chairs. When we were gone Belle caught her first fish, but it didn't stay on her line. She was upset that she couldn't keep it.


After we got something to drink and eat, we tried again. This time, Mommy said we'd try the catch and keep pond. We went to the pond, with lots of people. We put this orange stuff on our hook and caught a fish within the first two minutes of having our line in the water. Mine was bigger than Belle's. Mommy said my fish was almost as big as me! I didn't like it when Belle caught hers. It was red (with blood on it. Mommy said I was traumatized for life! But I took my rod and fished with Grandpa anyway. I caught a fish next and it was real heavy. It was too hard for me to reel in so Grandpa had to help me.
After we got our fish, we had to take them to a table to be fileted. Whatever that means. Belle kept asking them what they were doing. She wanted to take our fish home. She didn't know that Daddy and Grandpa were going to eat him!

Later that night, Daddy found a turtle along the road and brought it to the cabin for us. We played with him and then brought him home to be our pet! We haven't named him yet. Do you have any suggestions?

3 comments:

Aunt Barb said...

How about Spots!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Dee says:

How about HOKEY "POKEY" because turtles are slow and pokey........

Ethan and Dylan's Page said...

The girls are really growing up! Isn't it hard?! I feel like it was just yesterday that my boys were babies! Good job keeping up with their blog! I haven't done so well with ours :-(