Sunday, June 01, 2008

Accident-prone


It's official: Belle is accident-prone! I thought we'd escape the rest of her twos without another injury, but she snuck one in just a week before her birthday. She ran to get her shoes from the bench in our entryway, tripped on the rug and I believe caught her left ear on the corner of the bench. I didn't see the accident take place. I just saw her facedown on the floor, bawling. She didn't cry long. It bled a lot and I realized a trip to the ER was in our near future. I called Daddy to return from the store "Now!" And called Granny & Pawpaw for reinforcements as I didn't want to wake the crank monster known as Lilly from her afternoon beauty rest.
I thought for sure Belle needed stitches. But the wonderful staff at Women's & Children's ER (whom Belle entertained with her witty conversation) told us it was a clean cut and could easily be glued back together! Wish I would have known that -- I know I have superglue somewhere in this house!
So now the rule is running is forbidden in the Beckner household (outside okay; inside -- absolutely not!) Any offenses of this rule are punishable by spanking. Belle nearly suffered the same accident tonight because she was running. I think three more gray hairs popped out in my head this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Belle, this is minor grandpa has two scares at his hairline which, may start showing soon and four stiches on his chin. I have a scare on each shin two broken fingers and all kinds of emotional scares from the abuse you mom and aunt Sara give me.

Love

Grandpa

Anonymous said...

OUCH, I feel her pain!

I used to use the self sticking pipe wrap on the sharp corners around my house. Didn't look so great but it was inexpensive an worked like a charm!

@grandpa ~ I sure hope that was all self inflicted!