Tuesday, September 09, 2008

First Day of School



We started our first day of school today. I was very excited to go. I told Mommy on the way into town, "Finally, we are going back to school." Lilly was excited to have a new backpack and come to school too. Mommy told her no crying, but she didn't listen. She started crying when she realized that Mommy was saying goodbye to us at the door. I told her she'll have fun with Miss Velva. I have Miss Lisa as a teacher again this year. We'll tell you about our day later tonight.

2 comments:

Ethan and Dylan's Page said...

The girls are growing up so fast! I'm glad to see that you are able to keep up with their blog. I need to do better!

Rachelle said...

Sorry, it has taken me awhile to update on their first days of school. Our new work schedules don't put us home until 7 p.m. and we have hectic evenings.

Lilly cried for the first hour straight. She was inconsolable. And in fact, stomped her feet at one point. The teacher called me at work to see if I wanted to get her. I declined as I didn't want her to think that she could cry her way out of school. She calmed down when she saw Belle, but just got upset again when Belle left.

Belle took off into the school, didn't say goodbye or look back and had a wonderful day. She told me when I picked her up that Lilly cried a lot today. I told her I didn't want to hear it because she cried a lot last year.

They both were a little upset about going to the new sitter's house, but as soon as they remembered that they have a dog, they were both excited. It's always a difficult transition with new faces and places, but we're getting through it.