Monday, July 24, 2006

Saying Goodbye
















We cut our vacation to Nags Head, N.C., short because Pap wasn't feeling well. So we returned to Morgantown so Grandma & Grandpa, Mommy & Daddy and Aunt Sara could say goodbye to Pap. I really wasn't aware of what happened, but I know there were a lot of sad people. I did my best to entertain them in the waiting room with games of Peek-a-Boo and asking for "bapple" (apple). Pap went home to be with Jesus Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon, I visited with relatives and met some new friends (a puppy named Jersey). That's me with Jersey, my second cousin Hannah and cousin-in-law Jamie. The other photo is from my birthday when Pap and Mamaw came to visit. We return to Morgantown on Wednesday so Mommy can go to his funeral. I'll be visiting with The Bott family then. We don't see much of Great Grandpa Bott so this will be a treat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belle you won’t remember any of this except by the photos but your presence in Pap’s last year was indeed one of the high points of his time on this earth. I truly believe your joy of life kept him going these last few months. I know he is thanking Jesus now that he got to spend his last year knowing you. Love Grandpa

Anonymous said...

pap loved beautiful babies the most belle , so you can imagine how much he loved you.
: )
you gave pap a new smile on his face, a new twinkle in his eye and a new laughter in his heart.
and pap had ten other beautiful babies (grandchildren and another great grandchild) who did the same.
can you imagine how happy pap's life was?
and you were a very special part of that, as was your mommy and daddy and grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins and on and on. pap was dearly loved and loved you dearly.
he will be missed by all.