Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sisterly love or rivalry?



Lilly


Daddy took Belle and me for a ride Sunday evening in our new wagon. We hadn't been outside for a while. It was nice to get out. Not too long into the ride, though, Belle got a little too "relaxed." She decided to lounge in the wagon and lay on me. So I thought I'd get her back by pulling her hair. She thinks because she's slightly bigger than me that she can pick on me. Mommy keeps telling me not to worry that one day I'll beat up on her -- just like the tide turned for Aunt Sara and Daddy when they were growing up with older siblings.

I rolled over from my back to belly for the first time last Saturday. No one really saw me though. Mommy just got me turned over on my back. Belle distracted her. I rarely get time alone on the floor because Mommy and Daddy are afraid Belle will step on me. So when I do I take full advantage of the freedom.

Nighttime is still rough. Mommy is trying to make grow up too fast. She keeps telling me I need to sleep through the night. It's not enough that she has me in the crib now and expects me to put myself to sleep, but she wants me to sleep 8 hours? I don't think so !


Belle
That Lilly sure does take advantage of being the "baby" of the family. She thinks she can get away with anything. I mean, geesh, all I was trying to do was show her a little love during our family walk Sunday. And she kept pulling my hair. I subtly tattled on her though by saying "ow, lilly." Mommy finally came and pulled her fingers out of my hair, but then she just did it again. This time I grabbed her hand. I did hold her hand briefly -- to show my love. I've come to like Lilly, a lot. I like to hold her occasionally, but only briefly. When I'm finished, I shove her away. I like to stay close to her, but Mommy doesn't let me get to close. She keeps telling me "careful," and "easy" every time Lilly is on the floor and I walk by her head. I mean, geesh, what's the big deal. I'm not intentionally trying to hurt Lilly. Or am I? Mommy says I need to watch because one day Lilly will be able to fight back.
I've been going to day care still. Some days are better than others. Tomorrow I'll be home because it's my first day of a new Kindermusik class. Daddy is going to take me before he heads up to Morgantown to watch the Mountaineers play basketball again. Go WVU!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Belle, don't worry about that changing tide...no matter how much they catch up, you'll always be one step ahead, just ask your Daddy about the .22 shells in the toaster. In these last few pictures , you look like your Daddy in some and Jessica in the others. Lilly looks like my baby pictures, so we know she will be beautiful too. Can't wait to see you and Lilly again. Tell your folks hi from us.
Love, Uncle Richard