Monday, April 16, 2007

How I'm growing...

Well, I'm still not sitting up... but Dr. Rubin assures Mommy that I'm not behind schedule. He did ask me today at my 6-month check-up if I'm "milking it." I'm not sure what that means, but yeah, I would have liked to have some milk at that point. The good news is I'm quite healthy. Everything is as it should be. And Dr. Rubin was determined to make me sit up, but I showed him how stubborn I can be and I wouldn't put my hands down for him. I'm measuring "tall and slim." I weigh 15 lbs. 4 oz. and I am 27 3/4 inches long. The bad news (at least for me) was I had two shots and one oral vaccine today. One shot in each leg. Pretty painful stuff. It's made me kind of cranky today.

Other exciting developments... my first tooth broke through the gum this weekend. A tooth is coming in on the bottom right of my mouth. It's exciting, but it adds to my crankiness.

We had a nice visit with Grandpa Bott this weekend. We visited with Aunt Sara and Grandma Bott some too, but they attended a retreat so we didn't see much of them. We did go visit them at certain points though. I enjoyed meeting new friends and helping Mommy serve breakfast to the people on the retreat. Unfortunately it rained all weekend, so we didn't get out much. In fact, the area where the retreat was held flooded a bit. So we hung out in the house with Grandpa, Mommy and Daddy and watched Mommy make Grandpa and Daddy work like slaves as they redecorated our kitchen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lilly, You are the sweetest most good natured little baby I think I have ever been around!You remind me of your Uncle Richard when he was a baby.Of course your big sister is an absolute joy too!She's just not quite as calm as you:)but she has a wonderful little spirit, and I wouldn't want to change that for anything in the world! Granny and PawPaw love you both very, very much!

Anonymous said...

Oh girls, Granny forgot to say how absolutely beautiful you both are! xoxoxox!