Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Duo bath



Belle

Lilly still isn't sitting up, but Mommy is doing everything she can to encourage her to become a little independent (like making her sit up in the bathtub). I don't understand why she doesn't want to sit up, or crawl -- or just try to get anywhere. I'm always on the go. In fact, Daddy says I can't sit still for five seconds. I had to visit Dr. Jeff (Whittington) from church again today. My left eye is still infected and swollen. Lucky me! I get to have Mommy and Daddy put their finger in my eye while I sleep to get the medicine down under the flap. I'm also now on oral antibiotics to try to kill the infection. Dr. Jeff -- a whats-a-mologist -- someone who looks at eyes -- says if this doesn't work, then we'll have to have the infection surgically removed. I sure hope it goes away because that doesn't sound like fun. Daddy said I gave him and the doctors a work out today. Even three grown-ups couldn't get me to open my eye for the exam.

Lilly

Boy, Mommy just won't let up. She keeps telling me I'm going to be 7 months old next week and I'm still not sitting up. I mean, what's the big deal? What's the rush to grow up? I like being carried around and cuddled. In fact, I like it so much that I'm demanding extra attention at night now. Belle would be mad if she found out, so don't tell her. But I was up hanging out with Mommy and Daddy at midnight last night. And they gave me a bottle to boot! Woo-hoo! I just laughed and played on the bed. They finally gave up and put me in the swing to get me to go to sleep. I sure like hanging out with Belle. She is funny. We had a good time in the bath together. I suppose Mommy does have a point. I have grown too long to lie down in the infant tub. It was more comfortable to have my feet hanging out of the seat. I really liked playing with the rubber ducky. Belle is funny and I like her, but she sure doesn't like to share her toys with me.

A special note from Mommy: If you haven't yet seen this video, take a minute to watch it. While I sometimes moan about getting up in the middle of the night with one or the other girl, or dealing with one illness or symptom of another, this video made me realize we should celebrate the girls' lives and be thankful for what we have.

2 comments:

Battlebott said...

Belle Maria don't you let mommy or daddy make you feel guilty about throwing a fit at the doctor's office.
Sometimes places like that can be scary and when you don't want someone messing with your face the only way to get them to leave you alone is by getting a bit rowdy.
Besides, they're big kids, they can handle it.
When you bigger I'll tell you all about the time Aunt Sara punched a dental assistant and about my first trip to the ER where it took five adults to hold me down.
Maybe I can give you some pointers.
:P
And I'm so glad to see Lilly is still milking the second born thing a bit longer.
Don't give in Lilly. You have plenty of time to sit up and crawl, enjoy being little and helpless while you can.
All right, Aunt Sara is done encouraging the bad behavior now. Hope to see you beauties soon.
Love and miss you.

Anonymous said...

We are anxious to see you all sometime soon. Give our love to Belle & Lilly! We will say a little prayer that Belle's eye will get better with the new medicine. Take care and keep in touch!
Love
Richard, Jennifer & Jaymeson