Friday, September 08, 2006

Dr. Rubin


I saw a new pediatrician today, Dr. Art Rubin. I like the waiting room there better. It has a nice big slide in it. I climbed up on it and rode down the slide a few times while we waited to see the doctor. I weighed in at 24 lbs. 10 oz. and I only grew 1/4 of an inch. I'm 33 1/4 inches tall now. According to a survey that Mommy had to fill out, developmentally I'm more than 20 months old. She answered a list of questions of all the skills I can perform and it the survey said I was performing tasks that a 20-month-old can perform.

Dr. Rubin recommended I work on learning all the body parts, like elbows, knees, shoulders, etc. So Mommy is going to teach me "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." He also told Mommy I can have eggs and peanut butter -- especially for the protein. Dr. Rubin also told Mommy I need to be feeding myself all the time now so I learn how to use all my utensils.

The only bad news was I had to have three shots in the leg, which I didn't care for. But thankfully I haven't had any reaction to them today. I've been playing in the nursery a lot. I like the open space. Mommy and Daddy keep trying to explain to me that I'll have a sister soon. I also like to playl with Pooh and turtle. This, especially, drives Mommy and Daddy crazy because the song starts to annoy them! I like to carry the toy around, rather than let him go on his own.

Mommy said we'll work more on the WVU chant tomorrow since the Mountaineers play again. Go Eers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh belle maria, how cute you are! i cannot believe how big you are getting. :) hopefully we will be able to see each other soon, aunt sara misses you! i saw you all the time for awhile and now i am going through belle withdrawl. glad to see you are coming along nicely and healthy. keep driving those parents of yours crazy, that is what kids are for, lol.

Anonymous said...

Belle,
We are glad to hear that you are growing so well. We missed seeing you at Jaymeson's birthday party, but there are many more of those for you to be there for. We're excited to hear that you are trying so many new experiences. Story time is great! It was a little hard for Jaymeson to sit still the first day, because he didn't know what to expect but it didn't take long for him to fall in love with it. I'm sure you'll feel the same way. You are going to be such a wonderful big sister. Jaymeson refuses to accept that you're going to be a "big" sister because he says you are still little. But after he sees how small the baby is, he'll recognize what a big girl you have become. Hope to see you soon.
Love, Uncle Richard, Aunt Jennifer & Jaymeson