Tuesday, May 29, 2007

First surgery


It isn't the most flattering picture, but we wanted everyone to see the results of my first surgery today. Mommy said I was a brave girl. It sure was a long wait to see the doctor. I waited for nearly 4 hours. I couldn't eat or drink and I was getting upset about it. Then Mommy took me back to a bright room with a bunch of nurses. They had already asked me if I like bubblegum, cherry or strawberry for the scent of my mask. I chose strawberry because I really like them. Even that wasn't enough to keep me calm though. I cried and it took longer for the medicine to put me under. Dr. Taraji said I had "pimple" on all four lids. He had to clean them all out. They water a lot now. He also told Mommy and Daddy that I have to go back to the dermatologist to figure out what's causing these pimples so they don't come back or I could have to have this surgery again. We definitely don't want to do that!

2 comments:

Battlebott said...

I dunno if I'm buying this story your mommy's trying to sell.
Looks to me like mommy and daddy have been roughing you up a bit.
Better tell them to keep you inside or the neighbors might call DCF.
:P
You are a brave little girl Belle. I can't even imagine how much those eyes must bother you now, but I'm sure mommy and daddy will spoil you with lots of goodies to take away the pain. And if not you let me know and I'll make sure somethings done about it.
: )
I'm very proud of you (and your mommy and daddy) for making through your first, and hopefully last, surgery.
Love you tons and tons.

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, Belle! Hang in there and you may want to know that now would be a great time to ask Mommy and Daddy for a puppy! Take care and get better soon!

Love, Uncle Richard & Aunt Jennifer