Saturday, February 24, 2007

Easy eating!


Lilly
Belle and I are both exploring new foods. I'm finally getting the hang of this eating thing. Mommy and Daddy gave up on solid foods for awhile since I kept pushing it out with my tongue. Then I had several shots at my well-baby visit on Feb. 15 and they made me sick. I ran a fever from 101.9 to 102.6 for several days. Dr. Rubin said I couldn't start solid foods until after the reaction to the vaccines subsided. I measured 26 inches long (off the chart) and weighed about 13 pounds (which was normal percentile). Mommy was alarmed because my weight has gone down but Daddy reassured her that I was fine because I was resting my leg on the side of the scale and so it wasn't an accurate reading. I'm sleeping much better now. I occasionally wake in the middle of the night, but a pacifier and some music put me back to sleep. I fall asleep on my own now -- which is a big relief for Mommy.
Belle has been a little cranky lately. She fascinates me really. The tantrums she throws -- it's bizarre! I just sit and stare at her. Occasionally, I suffer injuries from her lashing out. She got frustrated last week and clawed my hand. I let her know it hurt, though! Then later she pointed to my hand and said, "Boo, boo!" like she didn't know that she hurt me! Can you believe it?

No comments: