Thursday, September 06, 2007

Big girls




Well, since everyone has been begging Mommy for some news.... we thought we'd better get on Blogger and write to everyone.

We've had our first hotel stay during Labor Day weekend. Let's just say Belle and I didn't care for it and so Mommy and Daddy paid a hefty price. In the end, we won. We came home early and got to sleep in our own beds. Although, we had plenty of rest on Sunday, Belle is still a bit cranky and tired this week. Geesh, she can be a grouch! Daddy turned her crib into a big girl bed, which I think is cool too. I just need another inch or two and I'll be able to climb into Belle's bed too! It sure looks cool without bars all around you. Course, I think Mommy and Daddy would prefer to have the bars, as I hear them talk about how Belle is up several times a night and wonders into their bedroom.

So Mommy and Daddy are really pushing Belle on this "big girl" thing. First the bed and then the potty. Several times a day she has to sit on this thing called a potty. I guess, I wouldn't mind it either if I was getting candy and presents for it! Belle also got a "big girl" haircut on Monday. Mommy said she bribed her with candy during the haircut. Afterward, Mommy took her to the toy store, where she bought Belle a train called Henry from the Thomas the Train set. I sure like that train too, but Belle is pretty stingy with it.

Belle was supposed to start pre-school on Wednesday, but because it's been a week full of changes, Mommy said she could start on Monday. They're hoping for the best that she'll actually enjoy school and like her teacher. From what I heard, their first meeting didn't go well at orientation.

As for me, I'm busy learning how to walk. I still haven't mastered standing on my own, but I'm getting there. With the help of a toy car that you push (that apparently Aunt Sara bought for Belle) I'm able to walk across the living room floor. I can still scoot pretty fast on my hands and knees too.

Sorry, we don't have photos or video of me walking or Belle's new haircut for you to see. Mommy and Daddy's camera broke. They are shipping it off to be repaired so hopefully we'll have photos again soon. In the meantime, here's a picture of Belle playing in her classroom with her new teacher.

No comments: