Friday, September 21, 2007

Life under the sea





I understand that everyone has wondered what happened to me this. Be assured that I'm here and making my presence known. It's just hard to get any face time in front of the camera when my sister is more mobiel and getting herself into peculiar situations.

It began to rain last night and continued this morning so there was no trip to the beach today. The surf was wicked because of the storm coming through. Apparently there is a tropical storm all the way in Florida that is causing problems here. We're pretty bummed that the weather was bad today and is predicted to be just as terrible tomorrow. So rather than sit around the house (which is wonderful) for two days, Mommy and Daddy decided we would drive to Myrtle Beach after all and visit Ripley's Aquarium. Boy was I happy they decided to visit the aquarium. I've never seen anything like it. It was so exciting to watch all the colorful fish swim around in the tanks. Belle liked the fish, but she was preoccupied with the moving sidewalk that took us through a tunnel. It made you feel like you really were under the sea. We saw sharks and all kinds of fish -- including ones that look like Nemo and Dory! We also were allowed to touch a horseshoe crab. Belle declined -- and not so politely, I might add -- but I was happy to reach out from my stroller and touch the wonderful creature. It was a fun time and we received cool souvenirs from our trip.

I've had a wonderful time at the beach this week. I love the ocean and the sand. We've seen a lot of interesting animals. The only downside is I have some battle wounds to show for it. I have several mosquitoe bites on my legs, forehead and left eye from our visit to the nearby gardens. It's been such a great week. We've enjoyed playing with Granny & Pawpaw and we'll be sad to leave for home on Saturday. I'm definitely not looking forward to that long car ride home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Lilley Grandma and Grandpa thought they left you at home we're glad to hear how much you are enjoying your vacation. That aquarium sure looks like it was educational. Be careful coming home love Grandma and Grandpa.

Anonymous said...

Ok, Lilly Grandpa is at work and he was in a hurry plus he's getting old and developing those old people's habitats that make you mother and aunt happy. Sorry about the misspelling.

Anonymous said...

it's Dory* silly gooseee.