Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sleep deprived, but having fun








Well, as always when we travel, the second day is the worst. We're so excited when we arrive that we just can't take a minute to sleep. Therefore, the second day of our trip (whenver we go anywhere), we're usually a bit grouchy. I must say Belle has been extremely grouchy today. I, on the other hand, am pretty pleasant, regardless of how much sleep I get. I'm sure you can guess that when given the option between taking a nap or continuing an activity -- say going swimming in the ocean -- Belle never chooses a nap!


So needless to say, Belle was quite the grouch today. I slept for a couple of hours while Daddy played with Belle in the ocean. I heard that once again Belle did not like the sand and would not walk in it until she got near the water. I was fine not going to the beach this morning, Mommy said the water was nice and warm but the air was cool and so it wasn't very comfortable. And then when it came time for an afternoon nap, Belle wouldn't sleep again. so we went for a ride in the car, which is the only time we got some rest. There sure is a lot to do here at Pawley's Island. We toured the island a bit and picked up some bait to go fishing. There is a pier near our house, so Daddy and Mommy were going to take us fishing. However, we discovered -- much to our dismay -- that the pier is privately owned and only the people staying in nearby condos can use it!


I didn't make it down to the beach today, because Belle was ban from the beach as punishment for her bad behavior. So we hung around the house, which is fine with me. I was able to explore the stairs -- four actually -- until Mommy discovered me. Then every time I tried to escape to the stairs again, Mommy was right on my tail. She just wouldn't let me be.


Well, tomorrow we'll have new adventures and one of us will write to tell you all about it.

With love, Lilly
P.S. By the way, we've added a link to the blog for Pawley's Island. There is a webcam on a house just up the beach. You may catch us on it one day. At the very least, you can see the weather down here as you listen to the waves.

No comments: