Saturday, September 15, 2007

Wipe out on Pawley's Island

Hello from Pawley's Island, S.C.!

We're on our first vacation with Granny and Pawpaw. What a trip. It took a long time to get here. After our 8th hour and no naps, we were ready to get out of the car. I (Belle) was so excited to see Granny and Pawpaw and our home for the week. There are three floors for me to run wild. I have my own room with bunk beds. I'm a big girl so I'm sleeping on the bottom bunk. For weeks, all Daddy has talked about is the ocean and finally today I got to see the ocean. Even though I visited the ocean with Grandma and Grandpa Bott last year, I didn't really remember the sand. I didn't like the feel of it at first and told Mommy "eewww!" But I quickly got over that and ran into the ocean. Daddy took me out pretty far into the ocean. I loved it and even though I feel on my face, it wasn't enough to keep me from enjoying the water.

Lilly enjoyed the water too. As you can see from the video, she had her first spill too! Mommy thought she was back enough from the water that the little waves wouldn't hurt Lilly, but one was too much for her and sent her toppling. We sure had a good time at the beach. I didn't want to leave, but Daddy said we'd go out early again tomorrow.

Now that Mommy and Daddy have a new camera & Pawpaw brought his laptop to the beach with us, we'll try to update everyone each day on our vacation. We're going to visit a botanical garden this week and maybe even the aquarium. Mommy said we'd have to see because it's still an hour drive to the aquarium and she isn't too eager to get back into the car with us.

Tah-tah!

Belle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Belle and Lilly its time to put your foot down. What’s an hour drive when you can see all those fish and sea creatures? We enjoyed seeing your first experience with the ocean Lilly we could not tell if you are surprised or trying to figure out if it is something to eat. It sure was nice of Granny and Pawpaw to take you to the beach, enjoy yourselves and show mommy and daddy how to relax.

Love Grandma and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

TSUNAMI!!!!