Monday, June 05, 2006

Caught with my hand in the cookie jar (sort of)!



This morning I baffled Granny by licking my palm as I came into the living room. She couldn't understand why I was licking my palm. After some investigating, she discovered my secret. The sugar canister!

Mommy later caught me on camera sneaking to taste the sweetness of the few granules of sugar that Daddy so carelessly left behind on the spoon. (It pays to be neat!) I quickly learned that if I lick my fingers and then touch the spoon, that some of that goodness would stick to my hand and I could taste the forbidden treat! So much for keeping sweets out of my little hands!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Ahhh, the joys of sugar! No worries Belle (even though mommy would like you to believe otherwise) we Botts love the sugar. : ) Your mother used to enjoy sugar treats all the time, and I believe she still holds Snow Caps dear to her heart. Plus that father of yours, he is as addicted to sugar as you can be ... Nemo (whatever they are) wafers, Runts, Pez ... you name it daddy loves to eat it. : ) Keep them on their toes, it is good for them. Love you and miss you! Happy Birthday a day or two early! Cannot wait to see you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Belle, to quote Ebenezer Scrooge in a Christmas Carol, "what a wonderful child, a glorious child," I sure hope mommy and daddy do not underestimate you. In a couple of months, they will be preoccupied with your sister and you can explore without interference. Of course you will be receiving less attention and soon will begin, acting out then you can remind mommy of the joys of parenthood. When you get older, I will fill you in on all the fun things mommy used to do. Love Grandpa