Sunday, June 18, 2006

First haircut

We made an unplanned trip to Morgantown this weekend because Pap (Grandma Bott's father) is in the hospital. The trip was sure a lot more fun with the new DVD player that Granny got us for the car. I liked watching Grover as we traveled along I-79.

Mommy called her old hairdresser Cheryl to get my bangs trimmed. As you can see, I wasn't too happy about it. I don't really like people messing with me -- especially my head.

I had my one-year-old check-up with Dr. Skaff on Friday. He told Mommy that I was the tallest 1-year-old he's ever had in his office. I'm 33 inches tall and 22.12 lbs. He wants me to put on some more weight since I'm only in the 75th percentile for weight. I'm now drinking whole milk and eating more food that Mommy & Daddy eat. I also have to see a dentist soon because my two new bottom teeth are either stained from food or I could have some tooth decay.

I met my second cousins from Ohio for the first time this weekend. They were in to visit Pap too. It is a stressful and sad time for the Chase family since Pap isn't feeling well, but I managed to keep everyone entertained and laughing a little in the ICU waiting room. Please pray for Pap. We'll be up to visit again next weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you did an excellent job of helping keep the family together during a time of need. every member of our family plays a part and has a role and your role is just as important as mommy and daddy's role are ... i know everyone loved meeting you and spending time with you.

also, aunt sara has a friend who had tooth decay because she drank too much apple juice as a baby ... maybe you should try a new drink! : )

love you and miss you. looking forward to seeing you this weekend and thank god pap is doing better. : ) must have been those prayers.