Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Feeling better




After nearly of a week of battling a virus of sorts, I'm finally feeling better. I was much more "myself" today, Granny and Mommy said. I hugged Granny as she came to watch me today. And then later, when Granddaddy and Lois came back into town, we all went out to eat. I had a BIG appetite tonight. Daddy fed me some of his corn; Granny fed me some of her cooked apples. And I drank water out of a straw (with Daddy pouring it into my mouth.) The secret to getting me to eat from the table? Give me the good stuff. Daddy tried feeding me this stuff called cous-cous with vegan soup in it the night before and I didn't like it. If it has flavor and you'll eat it, then I'll eat I say.

After dinner, Paw-Paw took some pictures of me playing in the neighbor's flowers. Granny & Mommy couldn't resist getting me all dolled up in this dress.

I'm drinking whole milk now -- flavored with PediaSure -- and able to climb stairs. Every day, I find something new to explore and to keep Mommy & Daddy guessing. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

belle maria, are you climbing stairs thanks to your beautiful and wonderful aunt sara's encouragement (and help) over the weekend? : ) glad to hear (and see) that you are feeling better. beautiful belle. : ) miss you and love you.

Anonymous said...

Belle, we are glad to hear you are better. I know mommy and daddy were worried. I'm looking forward to our beach trip there is so much to explore helping you will surely limit the amount of time I fish.

Love Grandpa

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so beautiful. Tell Pa Pa that he sure does a great job. I printed the last one off to take to Great Grandpa in the hospital. He loves looking at your pictures. You are just so beautiful. We all just LOVE you Belle. You've been a light in a dark situation for us. Thanks.

Great Aunt Dee

Anonymous said...

Belle, we have your pictures hanging on the wall of Papaw Chase's hospital room. Yesterday he ask to see the one of you sitting on the steps pulling roses apart, his face lit up with delight, then he said that you are so beautiful.

Some wonder if you ever take a bad photo, I doubt if you ever will the camera has been able to capture the essence of the love you project. It is easy to feel an overwhelming love for you because of the love you give.

All our love, Grandpa and Grandma