Sunday, October 22, 2006

Colic & Fries


Lilly

Well, I'm nearly 3 weeks old and life around this house sure has been interesting. Each day, my sister Belle keeps my parents running after her. It's tough to get attention around here. So I like to have "me" time with Mommy at night. I don't think she appreciates being woken up all night long, though.

I haven't been feeling the greatest either. My stomach is constantly in pain and therefore I scream and give the pain right back to Mommy and Daddy! Dr. Rubin (who I had to visit on Friday) says I have colic. He told Mommy not to worry that he can see the "forest" while she's only seeing the trees. He said we'd be out of the forest before we know it. He is impressed with my weight now -- 9 pounds, 4 ounces. I also grew 3/8 of an inch so now I'm 21 and 3/8 inches long. Apparently I broke my collarbone during birth, but the doctor didn't know it. My bone didn't break all the way so it didn't move when they pushed on it. But when the bone heals, it produces more than it needs so now there is a small ridge on my collarbone. Dr. Rubin said it's healed and the bump will eventually go away. Dr. Rubin recommended I take Mylicon before each feeding to reduce the gas and discomfort I have. That appears to be helping because I'm able to sleep more.

Belle

I guess this baby isn't going anywhere anytime soon so I'm going to have to accept her. She's okay, I guess. Sometimes she cries a lot. At first it used to upset me, now I just laugh at her! I try to share my toys and crackers with her, but Mommy says she's too little to have crackers yet. In turn, I also want to share her new toys and her pacifiers.

Tonight, Mommy took me out on a date. We visited the WV Book Festival for a short time. I got a balloon, watched some kids put on a puppet show and ran around the Word Play area. We visited the book sale too late. It was time for the $2 a bag sale and there weren't any good children's books left so we didn't get anything. Then Mommy took me to dinner at Bob Evans. I was so hungry that I got upset that the table next to us had food and we didn't. Mommy let me sit on her lap while we ate. I noticed she was eating these long things that she dipped in this red sauce so I tried it for myself. I found out that I like French Fries. They're especially good for dipping that stuff called ketchup into your mouth!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Belle and Lilly Your Daddy has three beautiful girls in his home and life. God is so good! I love you all very much! Granny