Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Sitting Up!

I'm feeling much better now and nearly back to my old self. Although, I still felt very sleepy yesterday and slept quite a bit.
I did have the strength, energy to practice sitting up on my own. Mommy helped me sit up on the floor and kept her hands out as bumpers. When I would start to tumble, she would sit me back up. I managed to sit for a whole minute on my own without tipping over. The folks were quite proud of me, especially since I turn 6 months tomorrow. We're excited for the holidays. The tree is up. Lights are up. And there are even some presents under the trees. I'm sure my two grandmas (pictured above) will be spoiling me at Christmas. Mommy said she thinks we'll have a carful to bring home again and it will likely all be for me! By the way, in our house, we say Merry Christmas! None of that silly Happy Holidays stuff. Love, Belle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belle, Just so you know there is nothing wrong with that silly Happy Holiday stuff. We are Americans, we live in a melting pot which is comprised of many different people from many different countries. Some of those people believe in a different God than we do and celebrate the holiday season differently then we do. We should embrace these differnt cultures and learn about them. There is nothing wrong with being understanding and compassionate of others feelings and beliefs, even if we have different ones. I am sure you will learn these lessons as you grow. And I am sure your mother and father will be kind and understanding and help you learn along the way. With all my love, Aunt Sara

Anonymous said...

By the way, I am so very proud of you for sitting up all by yourself. And I cannot wait to see you crawling and talking at Christmas. Love ya, Aunt Sara

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sara is right we need to be considerate of others beliefs, however we celebrate Christmas. She is saying these things to aggravate you mother. You do not understand now but as you get older and have a brother or sister, you will understand. Have mommy sing this, mah,nah, nah, nah…. Nah, Nah nanah na.